Thursday, July 21, 2011

Homemade lasagna for .66 a slice.

Photobucket
I recently tossed my hand into trying to make homemade pasta.  And let me tell you when you can make lasagna for .66 a slice you can't beat it.  Also the noddles were made with wheat flour and AP flour.  Only thing I did wrong was have a couple thick spots.

As a child lasagna was something my mom only made like 3 times a year if we were lucky.  It always cost to much to make.  And for all my life I believed that.  But Monday I was sitting thinking about what to make for dinner and I wanted Lasagna but I didn't have ricotta or pasta for it.  So I looked around the house to see what I did have that I could use.  Well I had fat free cottage cheese that I had picked up when it was a $1,  and I have sauce 2.00 worth on hand.  And then one pound of ground beef from the butcher which was 2.38 I also had a pound of mozzarella cheese on hand.  which was 2.50 for the pound.  Thats it that's all I used and that equals what  about 7.88 for one big pan of lasagna that we got two meals out of?  I wonder what made it cost more to my mother.  I am going to ask her what she used.

Now the noddles were so easy to make and tasted like regular pasta to me.  Here is the recipe that I used. (I kind of used two different ones and came up with my own)

Homemade pasta with out a pasta machine

  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 cups AP flour
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 3 tbls EVOO
  • 8 large eggs
Mix all together and kned for about 5 minutes and then let it rest another five minute then I cut it into 6 equal size pieces and then I rolled them out with the rolling pin I had.  I rolled them the size of my pan and made just a single sheet for each layer.
Photobucket

This is really easy and you don't really need anything special you can use veggie oil if that's what you have too.  And then I just made my lasagna like normal but used the cottage cheese instead of the ricotta.  And let me tell you we didn't miss it.  So give the pasta recipe a try and let me know what you made with it and how you liked it.  I can't wait to try it again.
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected