Monday, October 17, 2011

One Turkey how many meals? Day Two

Tonights dinner with turkey was light.  After yesterday's dinner kind of needed to be.  We had home made tomato soup and grilled turkey and cheese sandwiches. We used about 1/4 to 1/3 of one breast of the turkey for the sandwiches and it was a nice meal.

How I made my tomato soup

1 28 oz can of tomato sauce (found with the canned tomatoes)
1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
1 onion choped
1 green pepper
2 gloves garlic choppedsp evoo
1/2 can of water
and then I used different spices to our taste. (salt, pepper, ect)

First chop the onions, green peppers, and garlic



then cook the onions and green pepper add the garlic near the end.


Then add all the tomatoes and sauce and water stir and turn to med low and stir occasionally



After about two hours add the soup to a blender and puree it. 



I did this in stages and poured into to a bowl until I got it all pureed after that I added it back to the pan I cooked it in.



See it's much smoother now.  At this point I did add some sugar to cut the acid of the tomatoes and checked all the seasonings.  Then I put it on low and let it sit till dinner time stiring it every now and then.

Mean while I made bread the same recipe from before but doubled.  And my littlest man got into a marker and the flour I dropped on the floor.


Don't worry it was a non toxic marker one my 2 yo was coloring with while I cooked.

And that's the soup really I let it sit till it was time to eat. Hubby was a little late but that was good it gave the bread time to cool.  I bake it in a corning ware dish and it worked great it was huge and one slice made one sandwich or two slices made one really big daddy size sandwich.  Here is the bread in the oven and fresh out of the oven.

 In the oven looks like I am cleaning it tomorrow
 Fresh out of the oven with butter melted on the top
Close up of the top.

To make a grill cheese I just mozzarella cheese and some left over turkey now I didn't butter the outsides and it toasted up fine.


With the soup we just added a little cheese to it. 





I have tons of turkey left and I have yet to make my stock too.  I am sure I can get at least two more meals from this bird and a couple of lunches for hubby.


No comments:

Post a Comment

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected