Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Alice in Wonderland Chair and other finds.

It's been a few days since I last posted but it's been a fun crazy kind of day.  I will update my cheap meals later tonight but first you have to see the beauty I found today at the flea market. Well beauties to be exact.

Alice in wonderland chair

I have a love of Alice in Wonderland, and when I saw this chair I wanted it.  The lady wanted $20 for it and the foot rest.  I thought that was a deal but only had 15 on me.  We set a limit before we left the house and we stuck to it.    My sweet hubby went back to her after getting his bike to the car and said how bad I wanted it would she take 15.  And she did. She helped load it to and gave us rope to tie the bike down with so we could get everything home.  Three car seats don't leave much room for things sometimes.

I just love this chair and well so do the kids see for yourself.


My daughter seems to think it's her chair. 

Now I am not sure I will keep the foot rest or try and fix it.  it has a hole in it but is still useable.  I am going to have a research it.  Right now though I am thinking I will paint it.   It might stay in the house and it might go on the porch for some sitting and watching this kids play.  I am still thinking on it.  I do know I am going to ask hubby for some pretty throw pillows for my birthday for it.




This is the hubs find.  A huffy bike at the right size and everything for 15 bucks.  He has wanted a bike for awhile be we kept putting it off.  I am happy he has one and well if he rides it as much as he says he will I won't mind upgrading him later to a much nicer one.

 These are the candle sticks we got as well. I paid 5 bucks for all them I don't think I would have paid much more for them they are not old but they seem to be a of good not great but a good quality and I like them I just need to clean them up a bit.

Well this is all we got plus water and a sunburn you would think I would have learned by now that I burn.  overall I am very happy with everything and I hope to be able to paint the chair the weekend of the fourth.





1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun day. Can't wait to see what you do with the chair. Pillows will be a colorful addition too.

    ReplyDelete

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected