Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Baking at 1 Am Blueberry Muffins

Some times I do silly things that seem like a great idea at the time like make muffins at 1 am.  I couldn't sleep and I thought it sounded like a nice idea and it was.  There were no children or a dog to trip over in the kitchen.  And the best part is I got to surprise my husband and children.  That's the best.

My husband was surprised with is morning breakfast as he found these.  And they are not very sweet either even even though there is one cup sugar in a double batch.


This the butter and sugar chilling getting ready to be turned into yumminess.  except some how I doubled the butter I should have had one stick not two per the recipe but that's ok I like how they came out, I even cut the flour too.

I find with baking it's not like people tell you that you have to follow a recipe to the T.  I find I have to know my ingredients and know what the batter should look like.  I have learned when using flour it depends on it's age, the humidity and so much more as to how much you truly need.
LOL at 1 am this pic was cut I saw a smiling face and a monster all at once.  Anyways this is after I creamed the butter and added the eggs and vanilla.  Can you see the smilie face or the monster?


Now we jump to adding the blue berries I didn't get pics of me adding the flour or milk but I did cut the flour by one come and I was very happy with how they turned out.




3.5 cups of blueberries later, I also don't pull them out early I pull them out as I am ready to add them I just like how it works for me.


No need for dyes here this is natures doing isn't it pretty?


I had fun trying to get neat pictures of them, I really like this one not sure why but I do.



Look there ready to go in 12-16 minutes later they will be done!!!
Now while there baking I go and do something else this time I nursed my 8 month old and played on Facebook.


Are they done yet?? This time was a big fat no but they sure looked pretty.


Ahh they are done.
Opps the top broke off of this one guess that means it wanted me to taste it huh?

My super late night treat! I know not great for me but I enjoyed it.  They are not supper sweet and you taste the berries and they are just yummy I used this recipe but I used 1/2 cup sugar per batch and mixed white with brown sugar.  I also doubled the butter (this was a mistake but they turned out great) and I cut the flour by one cup I knew I wasn't going to get it all in.  They turned out moist and tasting and I skipped the topping I have made them before but I found the topping to over power the berries and there natural sweetness.  So try some.  Maybe not late night baking like me but they are worth the time I made a double batch in about an hour then the rest was cooling time.  It's a supper easy recipe give it a try.


Blueberry muffins

Makes 24 muffins

Ingredients

2 sticks butter (soften)

1/2 cup white sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

2 eggs

8 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon sea salt

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 cups of milk (sometimes you need up to 1/3 more)

3 1/2 cups ap flour 

3 cups of blueberries

Directions

1. Cream sugar and butter together and preheat oven  375 degrees
2.  combine flour baking powder and salt in another mixing bowl
3. add eggs and vanilla
4. add flour and milk (1/2 cup at a time) alternately
5. Fold in your blueberries or fruit of choice
fill muffin tins and bake from 15-30 minutes my oven others may vary but bake till a tooth pick comes out clean when inserted.

Optional  Topping

1  cup sugar   
2/3 c flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or fav pie seasoning)
1/2 c butter

Mix will and sprinkle on top before baking

No comments:

Post a Comment

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected